Saturday, February 28, 2009

Those Friggin Radio Stations

I was listening to the radio the other day. I heard "Let it Rock" by some guy who can't really sing. Okay, the song has a good beat to it, but admit it, dude can't sing. He screams or yells or talks through the song. The entire song. I could do that. That doesn't take talent. But, I digress from Mr. Rock.

At one point, he uses the word "ass." Fine with me. It is not offensive. I don't care if the guy uses that word. But then, BEP comes on. Oh, that is Black Eyed Peas for my older readers. Go google "Fergie." You will enjoy it. I know its guys who are reading this and not knowing who BEP is. Suddenly, "Don't Funk with my Heart" becomes "Don't Mess with My Heart."

Mess? Don't mess with my heart? Really? We have to take the word "funk" out of a song. Is it offensive? Is it because it has 4 letters in it? Because it starts with "f." Or because the radio folks are pansies.

Then they take out words that make it so a song makes no sense. Nickelback songs have words taken out so they don't say drugs. Really? We need to bleep out those words? But we can say ass? I don't get it.

Not only do we allow ass, but we then allow morons like Keith Brooks on the radio. Dude should be renamed "I can barely put together a coherent sentence Brooks." Not only can he not put together a complete sentence, and by complete I mean subject-noun-verb, but he sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. And yet some radio station bigwig, and by bigwig, I mean some guy who thinks that people still like dj's and doesn't understand that people who like dj's listen to AM radio, thinks this guy is good. Brooks does radio like I would do Broadway - poorly. Shove a pencil in his mouth so he can open his freaking lips when he talks.

Annunciation. That is a good thing for a guy on the radio. Oh, and taste. This guy has no taste. He last had taste when I was 6' tall. NEVER! It is not funny to tell some kid who calls in that he is adopted. Not funny. Never. Ever. Not now. Not in 5 years. Not in 10 years. Not in his whole pathetic lifetime.

Oh wait, back to those songs. I forgot. The guys at Family Guy got it right with the Freaking FCC episode. Here is the best part, and maybe the best part of this show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA Seriously, you have to watch this for the 2 minutes it takes. Freaking hilarious.

Now someone tell me why I can't hear the words to the song? I won't funk with their hearts if they won't funk with my music!

No comments: