Thursday, February 12, 2009

McDonalds' Drive Thru

Okay, so I was getting some Mickey D's the other day for dinner. I know, it is not good for me. Well, with a sick wife and kids at home, sometimes you have to do it. And their fries are the best. The best, readers, the best. (Seinfeld reference)

There is a car in front of me. Apparently, they did not know what to order at McDonalds. Now, I know they have increased their menu recently and you can now get salad or a parfait, but really, is it that hard? Burger, burger with 2 meat patties, burger with cheese, two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onion on a sesame seed bun, McNuggets, chicken crispers, or a chicken sandwich. That is about it. They have like 8 items in various combinations.

But these folks cannot figure it out. They finally order. Great. So, it is my turn. I place my order. Easy enough - two happy meals, hamburger, plain with lemonade. Simple enough. I pull up to window 1 and pay. I still do not know why there are two windows, but there are. I go up to window 2. They offer me salt.

What? Salt? Yes, salt. NaCl. I don't know if you have had the burger that Ronald built lately, but salt is the last thing it needs. And the fries are great. Why? Because of the salt. And they want me to put more salt on it. If there were any more salt, it would taste like the Morton's factory. Seriously.

Hamburgler - I like the food. Hold the extra salt though!

No comments: