Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jim Calhoun Has (Basket)balls

By now, you may have heard of Jim Calhoun and his rant at a "Freelance journalist." I feel like we are brothers in rant. Of course, he makes $1.5 million per year and I make like a buck fifty per year, or a "buck fitty" if I decided to rap.

First, Jim Calhoun has balls. Big ones. Big basketballs. He told the guy to shut up. Admit it, you know you have wanted to be at work answering questions and tell someone to shut up. Just "Hey, you, shut up." I know I would. I talk to debt collectors and insurance adjusters. What better groups to tell shut up to? This young adjuster at Allied needs to be told it. But that is another rant.

Second, what was this deal with the freelance journalist? I guess I could be a freelance journalist. Seriously, what the hell is a freelance journalist? Sure, you can be a real freelance journalist but that means you must comply with JOURNALISTIC STANDARDS. Asking questions about a man's salary after he coached his basketball team to a win is not journalism - it is having no clue what you are doing. Seriously, the high school journalism teacher at my high school knew more than this guy.

Third, even if you want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, and I call him this guy because I haven't looked up his name, because who really cares, what was up with him attacking the other journalists? At one point, he said "I wouldn't have to ask these questions if these guys who do their jobs." Really? They are sports writers. They write about sports. They do not write about the salary of the coach or the state of the budget of the State of Connecticut. Sheesh.

So, the next time you rant, tip your cap to Jim Calhoun, the biggest balled ranter, er, the ranter with the biggest basketballs I know.

No comments: