Monday, August 20, 2012

What the hell?

So I have a client who has a small dispute with another person. The other person, lets call this person, idiot, sends me a letter that I get on Friday. I had a chance to review it. But I haven't really had a chance to do anything with it. Idiot calls me today and this is our entire conversation:

I: This is Maria *****.
Me: Hi
I: Did you receive my letter?
Me: Yes.
I: What are you going to do?
Me: Well, I need you to give me a couple of weeks. I have had a family emergency. There was a death in the family.
I: So what are you going to do?
Me: I don't know if you understood me. There was a family emergency. I can't do anything until I get back.
I: That is not my problem.
Me: Let me see if I understand this right. You sent me a letter. I just told you I had a family emergency and you won't give me two weeks to deal with it?
I: Yes. That is not my problem:
Me: Let me be clear. I just told you that I have a family emergency and you have such little compassion that you won't give me a couple of weeks to get this resolved. I hope your life is so perfect that you never have someone die because you clearly are too small minded, too idiotic to deal with something like this.

That was it. Who the hell doesn't give someone extra time to deal with something because of a death in the family? I have now had it happen - twice. What the hell is wrong with people? You know what I do for a living? I resolve disputes. Sometimes its over $900 (as in this case) and sometimes its for a lot more money. But its never a life and death issue. If you cannot find it in your heart, assuming you have one you low life piece of crap, to give me some extra time, then I cannot find it in my heart to ever care what happens to you and your scumbag life. I hope you never have to deal with the crap that I have had to deal with, but if you do, I am pretty sure it will break you as a person. Sad. Sad. Sad.

No comments: