Friday, August 3, 2012

Debt collectors make me laugh

Regular readers of this blog may remember when I wrote about an actual conversation with a debt collector. It was funny. Well, I thought it was funny. You can read it here: http://randomrants08.blogspot.com/2012/02/actual-conversation-with-debt-collector.html Tell me that isn't funny.

Anyway, I wake up this morning and I have an email with a pending comment. This is the entire comment "and people wonder why debt collectors are in a bad mood. People like you. You were acting obnoxious... you don't think the collector is going to play stupid and act the same way?"

What the hell? Seriously? People wonder why debt collectors are in a bad mood? No we don't. Most debt collectors are not in a bad mood. They are just miserable. And who wouldn't be? You spend your day calling people, most of whom do not actually owe you money, and trying to get money out of them. You get no training, your boss has an IQ of 80 and can't spell collection, and his boss is some rich guy who decided to buy debts for pennies on the dollar and try to make money by scamming people into paying, whether they owe the money or not. Sure, there are some good debt collectors. But I can count them on one hand.

And its people like me? Really? What kind of person am I? Oh. you mean an educated person who helps people stop being ripped off. Yeah, because debt collectors are known for their honest. My 4'11 black haired client is not a 5'6 blonde. At least, not in my lifetime. The "service" on a property that does not exist is one of my new favorites. Or how about the debt collector who served an African-American male instead of my client, an African-American female, because he assumed they were related. Sure, and all Asian people speak the same language. And all white skinny folks do meth. And all.....well, you get the point. 

I know, I am such a bad human being. I actually help people avoid being ripped off. I actually make the debt collector do his/her job. I know I am evil because so many of them just go away when I write to them. And some of them even write me checks. I am sure they would do that if they weren't doing anything wrong. They would just do it because they are such nice people.

And, that is not obnoxious. You want to see obnoxious? I can show you obnoxious. I still have a standing challenge to have an insult game with anyone who wants to try to hang with me. But I can play dirty. Its mostly PG and family friendly, but it doesn't have to be. So, Mr. Debt collector, come and try me. I am up for it, are you?

Oh, and most debt collectors don't act dumb. They are dumb. They got a job as a debt collector. Quick, name a worse job than debt collector. You can't. Why not? There aren't any. Seriously, its the bottom of the barrel. I would rather be the dude who walks behind the elephants at the circus and cleans up crap. That would be a better job. I would rather be the guy who holds Brittany Spears' hair as she pukes and doesnt clean herself. Thats how bad a job debt collecting is.

And this guy is funny. He has a blog. I won't share the website because I don't want any of you to have to read his nonsense. And I dont want him to think he actually has followers. On his website, he "gripes" about people who call him. Seriously? That is a good thing to do on your business blog. Dude went to community college and now "owns" his own collection agency. Good for him. Here is an idea though, Eric: leave me alone. I don't care what you think. You are a debt collector. In the world of good and evil, you picked the wrong side. Come see the light and help people avoid having to deal with folks like you. Oh, and please use proper English when you are going to comment on my blog.

No comments: