Sunday, May 17, 2009

A few things that are just strange

Okay, so these things have been making me say "Hmmmmmmmm......." Or in the words of C+C Music Factory "Its the things that make you go hmmmmm."

1. Do More With Heart Failure. Seriously. That is the name of a program at my doctor's office. Do more with heart failure? Now, I am not a doctor, but if your heart fails, aren't you dead? Or is this for people who are on a ventilator? I mean, are they trying to set up play dates for folks who are in the ICU? Do they wheel you over to a different room so you can have a new roommate for a few hours? Personally, once my heart fails, I think that is a good time for me to give it up. Maybe stop playing soccer. Maybe I will give up the taekwondo. Probably will tell my wife I can no longer practice law. I think that is about it once I have heart failure. But if any of you are up for doing more, go see my doctor's office. And let me know how much fun you have - if you can talk!.

2. Cross with care. Yes, that is a sign in downtown Sacramento. Okay, so it makes sense: be safe when you are crossing the street. On the south side of the street is a construction company office. On the north side is the building that they are building. Easy enough. The odd thing: the cross walk is about 20 feet away. If you really want your employees to cross with care, why not put up a sign that says "Cross at the crosswalk only." Is that extra 40 feet (20 on one side and then 20 back up the other way) really going to hurt them? Is that too far for construction guys? I mean, we don't want them walking on their hands since they need their hands, but couldn't they walk on their feet that distance? Isn't that really crossing with care? Or are they so lazy that they can't make that distance?!

3. Smoking in the boys room. Well, in this case, the boys room is really the doctor's office. Okay, so I don't get smoking at all. I think it is a nasty, disgusting habit. YUCK! It makes your clothes smell. It makes you smell. And it looks ridiculous. But, some people are addicted and cannot quit. And who am I to question them? I get that addictions can be hard to quit. But, if you are leaving the doctor's office, shouldn't you, say, wait 10 minutes before you light up and try to kill yourself? I mean, a little distance from checking on your health to killing yourself slowly is probably a good thing. I don't know, but it seems like bad karma to go have your health checked and then go try to kill yourself. But that's just me!

No comments: