Monday, January 26, 2009

License Plates

Okay, so I get the whole desire to have a personalized plate. I have one on my car. I had one on a prior car. But, one was about the car and one is for my wife. Very simple.

But some people think a license plate is an advertisement. They think they are trying to tell people something cool about themselves. Actually, one guy had "IM COOL." Really? Isn't being cool something that other people say about you? If you have to tell people you are cool, aren't you not cool?

It is not just men. It is also women. In fact, it may be mostly women. Women like the old standby "QT." That means "cutie," for those of you say 40 or over! It is usually something like "IMA QT" or "QT PIE" or something along those lines.

Okay, first, if you have to tell people you are cute, like telling them you are cool, you are not. Cute girls do not walk around telling everyone they are cute. We walk around telling them that they are cute!

Second, the girls who have this on their license plates: about the opposite of cute. It is not kind of cute. Sort of cute. It is not cute. It is like me having a license plate that says I am tall. I am as far from tall as the guy on "Little People, Big World." Okay, I am a bit closer to tall than they are.

Really, if I could sue them for false advertising, I would. I like to sue people, but they won't let me sue them for that. However, one of these days, someone should. Sorry, I digress.

Really, we should have a rule. If you want something on your license plate about you, you should have to get 10 random people to agree it is accurate. That would solve a lot of this. No more ugly women with QT license plates and no one with COOL anywhere near their license plate!

No comments: