Monday, April 27, 2009

Tis the season for donations.......

(Take this in the spirit of fun and not meanness)

Tis the season for donations,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
Give us money for our causes,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
We are asking all the time,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
We know you have lost your job,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
But its a recession but we need money,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
The March of Dimes asks the most,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
We don't care if you like other charities,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
We want all of your money now,
Sha la la la la, la la la la,
We will look at you like you are a monster,
If you don't give to us right now.

Okay, so maybe that was a little harsh. And I get that people are having tough times. I have let clients pay me $25 or $50 per month to pay off a balance. Face it, this economy sucks. But, how come every time I go into a store, I get asked for a donation to charity. And if I don't give it, I get dirty looks.

I get that there are a lot of good charities out there. And most of us can name them. But I give to charities that I want to give to. I know who they are, how to find them, and I can give what works for me. Especially in this economy, I know charities are struggling, but so are many people. There is no need to guilt them in to giving to you. Give it a rest.

Oh, and I promise, when the economy picks up, someone will donate to you, Mr. March of Dimes, but for now, a little less Billy Maze and a little more Gary Cooper will go a long way.

No comments: