Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Random Thoughts on a Thursday

So I thought I would make a few random thoughts while it is raining in April on a Thursday. At least there is no soccer on Sunday to be cancelled this week!

1. When you are at the gym and clearly listening to your music, why do people try to talk to you? Heck, why do they talk to you at all at the gym? I don't go to the gym anymore since I go to my taekwondo school several times per week and run, but when I did, people would come up and start talking to me. Seriously, its like 30 seconds between sets. If you cannot get the conversation in in less than 30 seconds, don't start it. But, if someone is on the treadmill and running, or even walking, then why talk to them? Most people have the headphones in. That is the wire that runs from their waist or arm to their ears. It is called a headphone wire. It means they are listening to music and do not want to be disturbed. Actually, that works. Think of the headphones as a DO NOT DISTURB sign at a hotel. Honor it!

2. Babies are cute. Very cute. Well, most babies. We have all seen those not so cute babies. But, even the cutest baby is not cute when it runs around in a diaper and nothing but a diaper. That is not cute. It is not sweet. It is not adorable. It is white trash. It is trailer trash. It is disgusting. Throw some clothes on your baby. I mean, really, is it that hard? Of course, the same people who let their babies run around in diapers are also the same people who want to run around dressed like this..

3. Tank tops and no bras. And no, not some hot woman. Not even some cute woman. It is the large, ugly woman with the bad dye job who thinks she is hot and sexy. You are not hot and sexy. You are ugly. YUCK! And you dont even shave your arm pits. Or your legs. Having a day's growth we can live with. Having a month's growth - YUCK!

4. Guys are not immune from absolutely no freaking taste in clothes. We are just as guilty. Well some of us. Usually this comes when men are mowing the lawn. You have seen him - the guy in the t-shirt and running shorts. Or worse - the guy in the boxers mowing his lawn. Yes, just boxers. No shirt. Like that is a good look. That look may work in the morning when you are getting dressed. Or in the evening when you are going to bed. That look does not work when you are outside. Ever. Never. Do not do it. Stop. Especially when you are doing an activity like mowing the lawn. Stop it!

5. Give me my space at the ATM. It is called a secret code for a reason - IT IS A SECRET! I need some space. I don't need you in my back pocket while I am at the ATM. I do not need to be able to hear you breathe. That means you are too close. If you can see that my lack of hair would be growing in gray, you are too close. If I can determine that you are wearing Old Spice, then you are too close. If I can feel you brush against me, you are too close. Give me my space! Please?

No comments: