Monday, February 4, 2013

You are not smarter than me

Was that clear enough? Let me be a bit clearer: you are not BLEEPING smarter than me. I am sure of it. And if you think you are smarter than me, you are either a) high or b) crazy.

Okay, let me explain. I don't really think I am that smart. I know I am not that smart. I accept it. However, I also know if you assume you are smarter than me then you clearly are not smarter than me. I know that. You know that. You are just covering up your insecurity at being a moron by trying to make me feel like an idiot. It doesn't work.

My dad was smarter than me. I know this. Not only did he have a PhD in something or other chemistry, he could do present value calculations in his head, he could also explain marketing to an idiot, he could explain blue babies and why we should buy name brand drugs and then explain why baby shampoo doesn't make you cry. Not only was he smart, but he didn't have to fake it. And he was down to earth. Oh, and the best part: he could eloquently explain why his idiotic 14 year old son did not need to know what he wanted to do with his life when he was only 14. That is one of the best stories of all time. I should write it up some time. Maybe next week!

But I have been on a run lately where every Tom, Dick and Harry (and Sue and Sally) think that they know how to practice law because they read a book or watched Suits or some other idiotic law show on tv. If you are so smart, go to law school. Take the bar. Practice law. I am okay with it.

But, please, do not insult me by claiming you are smarter than me. You simply aren't! 

No comments: