Thursday, June 18, 2009

Root Beer

Okay, so its not a rant, per se. Although it is better than NOFX "Creeping out Sarah." (Google it, if you don't get it. That is why google exists. What did you think? It was just there for helpful information. It is there so you can google NOFX. Sheesh!)

Today, in my mail, I had an overnight package. It came from A&W. Yes, that A&W. Now, if you know me, you know I have a root beer blog. Apparently, A&W knows that as well. (By the way, you can read the blog here: http://jonathangstein.typepad.com/jonathans_rootbeer_blog) WOO HOO! And so they sent me a letter and some "stuff." The stuff first:

1. An A&W 90th Anniversary T-shirt;
2. An A&W 90th Anniversary Mug; and
3. An A&W 90th Anniversary Book.

Okay, so we all know I like free t-shirts. This one is brown. I understand brown is the new black. And a free mug? This isn't one of those cheap plastic mugs. This is a good glass mug that is good for drinking a cold root beer! And the book? Well, as Meatloaf said, two out of three ain't bad! Okay, the book is cool too, but I don't read. YUCK! (I am kidding, kids. Reading is FUNdamental, at least that is what the NBA says when they make high school kids go to college for 1 year. Like those kids are going to learn to read in a year or something.)

Back on track: A&W wanted me to spread the word. What word? Three cool things:

1. Friday, June 19 from 2 to 8pm you can get a free A&W Root Beer Float. FREE! FREE! FREE FLOATS!
2. Saturday, June 20, a national cruise night at participating restaurants. Okay, if I had a classic car that would be sweet!
3. Sunday, June 21 is Fathers Day and you can treat your dad to an A&W Papa Burger for 90 cents. Dude, that is less than a dollar.

WOO HOO! See, not everything is negative! Oh, and you can bring a root beer to testing tomorrow!

No comments: