Monday, November 4, 2013

Morons, I say, morons

I love Elk Grove. Its a great place to raise a family. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. We have the best schools around. Period. We have a great parks and rec district. We have two swimming centers, parks galore, a father daughter dance that rocks. We come together as a community regularly. We help each other. We look out for each other.

That being said, we are run by morons. Morons, I say, morons. How do I know this? Read this from two years ago: http://randomrants08.blogspot.com/2011/12/mls-in-elk-grove-i-think-not.html or this from last year: http://randomrants08.blogspot.com/2012/06/elk-grove-city-council.html Okay, if that doesn't convince you of this, then let me explain a few more things.

Do you know who is getting the next MLS team? Not Elk Grove. Why not? Because Elk Grove doesn't freaking listen. Not just to me, but to MLS. Orlando is getting the next MLS team. Why? Because Orlando deserves it. How do I know? Because Orlando has supported minor league soccer for years. Orlando has shown it is a great soccer city. So, MLS is going to reward Orlando. The moral of the story: if you want to play with the big boys, follow the fucking rules, you morons.

But, wait, there's more. From the Sacramento Bee: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/06/5625720/elk-groves-proposed-water-park.html Okay, fine, you don't want to read that. They want to build a $45 million water park and start it with $14 million in public funds. From the story: "It's time for Elk Grove to be on the map and be a destination for tourism," Mayor Gary Davis said.

Wait, a second. Stop the presses. Elk Grove needs to be on the map? Seriously? I checked. Elk Grove is on the map: http://mapq.st/18UxhxG Really, it is. It is on the map. I know because I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Oh wait. He didn't mean literally. Sorry, its hard to tell with these politicians. How do you know when a politician is lying? His mouth is moving!

So he wants us to be on THE MAP, as in, a place that people know and want to come to. Who the hell wants this beside him? Oh, I forgot, he has vision, I don't. Yes, I have been told that. I don't have vision. Of course, my eye doctor, the best in Sacramento, would disagree with that. They checked. I see just fine - with my glasses on.

You see, Elk Grove is not a destination. Never has been. Never will be. It doesn't need to be. Its not why we moved here. People moved here because they like it as it is, a small town where you can still go to the grocery store and see friends. A place where everybody knows your name. You walk in and feel like Norm.

The only people who want something different are the fucking politicians. Why? Because they are politicians. They make sure their kids have jobs. They make sure they have money to run for another office. They make sure they have a legacy. That isn't what people want. People want what we have. A nice, quiet town that needs a few more white collar jobs where people can still know their neighbors.

So lets stop with this keep up with Orlando or Anaheim or whatever idiotic city Gary Davis thinks we should be so Gary Davis can think he is cool. Lets go back to being Elk Grove, a place where people move because we are friendly. Take your aquatic center and shove it up your fake MLS stadium and stick them both in your mall - that still isn't finished. Great job of getting nothing built, city council, because you don't know what real people want! 

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/08/06/5625720/elk-groves-proposed-water-park.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: