Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A few things on my mind

I am sure I have something serious to write about, but I have to get some things off my chest. They have been bothering me for a day, maybe two. So I figure I should get these off my chest - in no particular order.

1. Music sucks. Have you heard some of this nonsense? Okay, so I wrote about it before here: http://randomrants08.blogspot.com/2009/07/todays-song-lyrics.html Go read it if you want to. But there is more of this guy Pit Bull. Im sorry, he is a bad copy of Vanilla Ice. Pit Bull is his name? Really? I get it - its a stage name. But its a dumb stage name. Pit Bull? The only thing scary about this guy is his music - it sucks! Please stop.

Then there is LMFAO. Okay, google it if you dont know what it means. The only thing funny is that people buy their music. Do they get that they arent very good? Its like fingernails down a chalkboard. Please, stop. Please? Party Rock Anthem is really like a group of crappy songs that someone spliced, er, sampled, together. One coherent song would be nice. Is that asking too much? I guess so.

2. Courtesy - what happened to it? So tonight I am driving to Target. Someone in the right lane wants to make a left turn. That doesnt work so well. So I wave them in. A courtesy wave is all that is expected back. Raise your right hand as a thank you. Its not that hard. But do I get one? NO! Not even a wave. I know, I expect too much. People really shouldnt have to raise their hand as a thank you. Its a lot of work. After all, it requires like 3 muscles being used. Would it be that hard? How about tomorrow if we all wave and thank someone who lets us in? Deal?

Then I get to Target. I buy two things. There are not a lot of check stands open. And none of them are the 10 items or less line. So I get in line behind these two women. They have a basket of stuff. They look at my cart with 2 things in it. They then put their stuff up. They dont ask me if I would like to go in front of them. Then they pay separately. Would it have been that hard to say "Would you like to go first?" I may have said no, but they could have at least offered. Would it have been that hard? Sheesh!

3. Profanity - What the fuck is wrong with these shithead dumbasses who think that profanity in every sentence is cool? Its not fucking cool. If you overuse this crap, it makes it as useless as ............something. Something really useless. Look, I get that the occasional f bomb gets someones attention. True story. A friend of mine called me and was going to send me a thank you for helping him out. I told him not to. He said he was going to anyway. I said "Fuck you." He stopped and said it was the first time he had heard me use profanity.

But when you use it all the time, it loses something. Its not powerful. It really makes it sound like you have no command of the English language and you can't come up with something else to say. Example "I cant fucking believe you are such a fucking dickweed asshole." By the time you get to asshole, its expected. Better "I cant believe you would treat a friend that way, asshole." See, you arent expecting it in sentence two. So it has some power to it.

Oh, and profanity in public is even lamer. You just sound like an uneducated douchebag, even if you are in a $1,000 suit. And the louder you get, the more uneducated you sound. So how about if we cut back on that a bit, eh? (See, the random use of eh gets your attention!)

4. Funerals - Okay, I will probably elaborate on this in the future, but a funeral is no place to talk politics, law or anything else. Look, I am sorry Joe Paterno died. Don't tell me he is a hero or did nothing wrong. Talk to me about the good he did. Talk to me about how sad you are. Talk to me about the void that now exists. Leave the other stuff out. Also, don't tell me its a blessing when someone dies. It isnt. Ever. I promise. They may not be suffering anymore, but death is not a good thing. Death is not something to be celebrated and no one really thinks its a blessing. We may think our loved one is not suffering or not in pain, but that is different from good. Is that fucking clear?

1 comment:

Awkward and Random said...

Your rants make me smile. Some I agree with (like the two item thing and the profanity). Others make me smile because I am that person (or like that person) that you're ranting about.

I love Pitbull. Granted I don't particularly pay attention to the lyrics, but whenever I hear his music I want to DANCE. I used to apologize for liking the music that I like, but no more. I like Pitbull and Shaggy. I like Leslie Gore and the soundtrack for Grease. I like Enya. It's just who I am!