Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Writing time - 1 minute

Some quick thoughts on a Tuesday night that I need to get off my chest.

1. Pity parties - this kind of goes with #2. But I am starting with it. I am tired of people and their pity parties. Aww, you have to work 12 hours. Aww, you have a kid who isn't listening. Aww, its so hard. Yes, yes, it is. You can either sit and whine and have your pity party or you can suck it up and move on with life. What is your choice?

2. Life - this kind of goes with #1. Look, life is hard. But not everyone is going to complain about it, write about it on Facebook, or whine about it. Its just not how everyone is wired. For some of us, we just suck it up, talk to our spouse or friends, and move on. So if we are not complaining about it, it does not mean that everything is great. It does not mean our lives are easier than yours. It just means we have made a different decision on how to handle it. Don't assume.

3. Funerals - this came up in a conversation with a friend the other day. Funerals are about honoring the deceased, not issues with the living. So it was idiotic when my brother tried to uninvite me to my mom's funeral. It wasn't his place. But, the living seem to forget that its about those who are no longer with us. Do not try to control the funeral like its a party. Remember the purpose.

And with that, goodnight............

No comments: