Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whats wrong with people

Three events today that made me think what the hell is wrong with people? I really wonder sometimes. How hard is it to just think for a second or be kind for a second? Or just not be a douche bag.

So there is some "rapper" (I use that term loosely and I sure as hell wouldnt call him a musician) Wiz Khalifa. I dont know if he thinks he is a wizard or not. Maybe he thinks Harry Potter is real. Maybe he thinks that you can be a real, live wizard. I dont know. Maybe, he just has to pee a lot. Anyway, he has this song "Young, Wild & Free." Okay, don't tell me I am old. The entire song is about getting drunk and getting high. And they play it on the radio. Actual lyrics: So what we get drunk?/So what we smoke weed?/We’re just having fun/We don’t care who sees."

Hey, I am all in favor of having a drink now and then. You want to get wasted? Be my guest. I have been drunk a few times. Not my cup of tea, but I don't hold it against anyone who wants to. Some of my really good friends get drunk, plastered, hammered. I get it. But we are now going to openly sing songs about rolling joints and sharing them? And this is fine for the radio? We have to bleep out bitch and asshole, but we can sing "we smoke weed" and that is acceptable?

Ignore for a minute whether we want to have songs about weed. They have been around since the 60s. Fine. But we are going to glorify smoking dope, something that, last time I checked, is illegal in this country (unless you have a "doctor's" prescription in California). Snoop Dog and Bruno Mars (who has already been arrested once for possession of coke) singing about smoking marijuana is fine? And the radios want to play this? I am so glad I talked to my kids last night about how drugs are bad. Now I get to explain to them that they are bad, but its okay to sing about it. Sheesh.

Then I get an email from a "friend." He referred a case to me. Long story short, there is a small disagreement. I write an email today to a list we are both on asking for some help on something. The response I get is that he is surprised I have time to do this since I havent gotten back to him.

First, you are in NY and there is a 3 hour time difference. So I tried, but your voice mail system sends it right to voice mail at 5:01 your time - which is only 2pm my time. Second, you called me at 6am my time. Maybe 630. IN THE MORNING! I'm sorry. I dont answer my phone that earlier unless its my wife or someone I know is calling with an emergency - and that means they are calling me at home. Third, you would think after 5 or 6 years of knowing each other, someone would have the courtesy to say "Hey, I havent heard back from you. I am a bit worried. Everything okay?" Apparently, I am wrong.

I know I have done this when its been a while since someone has been in touch, especially someone who I thought I was going to hear from. It had been a few weeks since I heard from a friend. I sent him a short note. Nothing fancy. Turns out he was in the middle of a crisis. I didnt need a lot of details. I sure as hell didnt need prodding. I did need to talk to him, but instead of saying "Hey, why didnt you get back to me" I asked if everything was okay because he had been quiet. I thought that was the right thing to do. I guess I was wrong.

And just so we are clear, yeah, I have bigger issues in life right now than the thing we are dealing with. I dont talk about most of it. I dont even know how to talk about it. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. So how the hell am I supposed to tell you about it? My friends now. My acquaintances dont. I have started to blog about it, but I stop. I cant complete it.

Maybe I fucked something up in the cosmic universe. Maybe this is karma for not telling my mom everything. Maybe this is just my draw in life. I dont know. I will figure it out this summer. But as one human being to another, I care more about whether you are okay then I do about the other crap. I guess that is wrong. From now on, I am going to care about making a buck over everything else. You call me up and dont really need to hire me? Pay me anyway. Show me the fucking money. Thats my new approach. I want to make as much money as I can. I want to have so much money that Juicy J renames the song about me. (Oh, google it, old folks.) Thats it. That is the meaning of life. Make as much money as you can and dont worry about people.

Fuck it. Thats not me. So, I guess I will go on worrying about my friends, acquaintances, colleagues and others and put the money end of it 2nd. Maybe that makes me the douchebag. I am fine with it. And, no, I dont care that I didnt get back to you right away. I was dealing with my own issues, which clearly are not as important as your money.

Then, we get to the idiot winners today. So I am driving down the street and there are these three kids in a Scion xA. Speeding up the road, slamming on the brakes, swerving all over 3 lanes. Ha ha, thats funny. No its not. So I grabbed my phone and called the police. I gave them the license plate, a description and told them where these morons were going. Apparently, these idiots figured out I was calling the police and rolled down their windows yelling at me, wanting to fight me. They turned, I went straight.

Most of you are lucky. You dont know it, but you are. You never have to deal with someone who died in a car accident. You dont see pictures. You dont see family members grieving. You dont see the aftermath. I have been dealing with the results of car accidents since I was 21 years old. Some arent bad. Some are awful.

I have seen pictures that I wont even begin to describe. I have seen grown men cry when they lose a wife, a child, a friend, in a car crash. I have seen kids lose parents, parents lose kids. I have talked to these people. I have friends who have lost siblings, parents in crashes. I have tried to put a dollar figure on what their loss is. It sucks. Its not possible.

These fucking idiots should lose their licenses. Not just the drive. All 3 of them. You sit in a car where your idiot friend is driving like that and you laugh and encourage it, you are as big an idiot as your friend is. You are a moron. A douchebag. I dont even have a word to describe you. What the hell is wrong with you?

Even your piece of crap Scion xA that should be blown up because its such a crappy car can kill someone. I told my boys, who were in the car with me, if they ever drive like that, I will take their licenses and cut them up. I will take the car keys. They will be done. I dont care if they are 16 or 18 or 21 or 25. You think your car is a toy? You are a fucking moron who needs to go spend a few hours at the morgue. Go out with the cops to see what an accident looks like.

Yes, so you Mr. White Scion with MAG in the license plate, you are a fucking piece of crap. I wanted to kick the shit out of you, but my kids were with me and a punk like you probably carries a gun with you. So I will let the cops deal with it. I hope one day you realize that your car isnt something to joke around with. I doubt you will learn that lesson until its too late. Oh, and tell your friends to hit the dentist and the barbershop. Teeth help if you are going to yell at someone and threaten to fight them. Otherwise, your boy sounds like Mike Tyson but looks like Carlton.

So there you go. Three examples of douchebags in one day. I am going "dancin' on the edge of the Hollywood sign."

No comments: