Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three People Who Suck - A LOT!

Its been a long week. No, a long two weeks. No, a long three weeks. Basically, its been a long few weeks and I am grumpy. People are morons. Not all people. Not even most people. Just some people. Its just that some people suck a lot more than others. I have come across three people in the last 48 hours who suck. A ton. A lot of tons. These three suck more than adding up the weight of all of the Duggars. These three suck more than all of the moms from Toddlers and Tiaras. These three suck more than Kanye West - and that is a lot. By the way, why does anyone invite that guy anywhere? He has no social skills. None. He should go some place special - some place where Tom Hanks got lost in Cast Away. So, without further rants, here are my top 3 sucky people of the week (or month or year), in no particular order:

1. Another attorney. I won't name this young associate at a big law firm. The Lawyers Big Brain Sucks. (I just gave you a hint. Its funny. Go read it again. Trust me.) Anyway, he thinks he is so smart. I think he thinks his stuff don't stink. It does. Badly! Dude served me with discovery. I have answers due on Friday. I faxed him a letter at 9pm last night explaining that I have been out most of the last 4 weeks or so and I needed a three week extension. This bright guy writes back to me and says he will give me a one week extension. He also tells me how my inability to respond shows that my case is not very good.

Huh? My case is fine. I just haven't been able to do the work. I know some people think I have 28 hours in a day. But, alas, I only have 24 hours in a day. (And see #2 - I don't have 48 hours in a day either!) And when you subtract hospital time and family time, it left me like -3 hours a day. Hey, smart guy: some of us take care of our other responsibilities first because we expect professional courtesy. If that is too much for you, go sail a boat around the world by yourself. Do something solitary like that. The rest of the world will run better without you!

2. The State Bar. I know - a favorite topic of mine. There is an article in the current Bar Journal (by the way, calling it a journal is a bit like calling my blog actual writing) about the new State Bar President. There is so much to criticize. But let me keep it simple. He says he is going to split his time as follows: 75% as State Bar President, 75% practicing law and 50% on his family. WOW!

First, let me make this perfectly clear: You can only have 100% of your time. There are not 48 hours in a day, Mr. President. There are only 24. Is it really that hard? Do we wonder why high school kids cannot do basic math when a lawyer thinks he has 200% of his time? Sheesh. Here is an idea: if I can find 10 high school kids who recognize the mistake, el presidente, then you should make a donation to their high school. Deal?

Second, it is not funny. It is not laugh out loud funny. It is not chuckle worthy. It is not even ha ha funny. In fact, I have seen whoopie cushions that are funnier than this.

Third, it does not mean you are a hard worker. It means you have absolutely no common sense. If your family is last, your priorities are screwed up. Go read Tuesdays with Morrie. Go see Dr. Phil. Go talk to someone who has lost someone. I know you are older than dirt, but please, get into the current decade. Or any time in the last 2 decades. People do not respect you because you claim to work 3 times as much as you spend with your family. People just realize that you have no freaking sense. Octomom has more common sense than you. Guliani and Bill have more common sense than you and they can barely complete full sentences. Seriously, anyone on Project Runway would be able to recognize that you have absolutely no sense in the 21st Century.

3. School Board members. Okay, so there is a school board member in my town. Short version of the story: She went out on disability. She started taking a prescription for pain even though it was not for pain. She gambled and ran up huge debts. She blamed it on the prescription. She filed for bankruptcy. She then borrowed money from a friend and told the friend she would pay her back after she settled her case against the drug company. She then amended her bankruptcy to include the friend. After her bankruptcy was discharged, she settled her case against the drug company for about $300,000 - or so the story goes. She tells people it was a lot of money.

So many things wrong with this. First, she had compulsive gambling but was not compulsive when she was on the school board? Really? Come now. Do we look that dumb? We don't, but the rest of the school board believes her. Yes, these folks believe that she was not compulsive at all in her school board dealings but was compulsive in her personal life. Sheesh. Our school board members are dumber than rocks.

Second, she was taking this for an off label use. Who's problem is that? Not ours.

Third, she screwed her friend. And she has no problem with that. Sure, it may be legal. But it isn't ethical. So, now we have a school board member who is unethical. Nice. That is what we want to teach our kids. How about we have her and the State Bar President get together and teach a class. Math for unethical imbeciles. Of course, most of the students would be able to figure it out better than the teachers.

Oh, and by the way lady, you did not have a compulsion to sex. No one would have sex with you. The folks at the Society for the Blind turned you down. Sexaholics Anonymous members wouldn't even touch you. The Aint's fans of the 80s would give you all of their paper bags and Bill Clinton still wouldn't touch you. Let's be real.

So, there you have it. Three people who suck - a lot. September 16, 2009 edition.

No comments: